Automate Test Design using SmartQE
In Traditional test design, we read requirements thoroughly to understand business logic to validate the same in the application. We identify test scenarios and data variations, then design test conditions against the given requirements. It requires manual attention to apply the right testing techniques to design these test conditions. Any manual errors can lead to miss the test coverage. SmartQE test design automation addresses this effectively. Let’s see how:
- SmartQE imports the user stories or requirements to be automated or tested from the project management tools like Jira. It has an intelligence to read user stories and apply NLP (Natural language processing) to identify the list of events, actions, inputs & output from requirement against domain specific pre-determined keywords.
- SmartQE provides industry-standard testing techniques like All pairs, Boundary value analysis and Equivalence Partitioning etc, to generate test conditions. Identified inputs are populated as test data required for manual test conditions.
- SmartQE maps these test conditions to user stories, identifies and mark them for regression and automation. The generated test conditions can be moved either to test library or can be mapped to automation scripts so that we can perform automation with manual datasets. These scripts will append to the existing list.
- SmartQE also has a feature to upload or download test conditions in a pre-defined excel template which is similar to other test management tools. These conditions can be updated or deleted as needed.
- SmartQE sync’s user stories from JIRA to make the story board up to date.
- SmartQE allows you to setup a test library quickly with all Business processes, Systems, Applications and Platforms. Every test condition can be mapped with each of these in library.
- SmartQE dashboard gives a bird view on status of Test design including how many test conditions are created in current sprint, how many of them are moved to automation and test lab, how many regression testcases are identified, average testcases designed by story etc, and many more.
- When a manual condition is moved to automation, the execution result of such testcase will be updated back to corresponding story on JIRA.
- Every automation testcase can be mapped to sprints available in current project. This info also displayed in dashboard.
- Here is the demo video of how SmartQE automates Test design :
This test design automation will therefore make the Tester’s life easy while designing Test conditions with extended test coverage. Please contact here for more info/queries.